This course is aimed at Project Finance professionals who use, review and / or adapt models which have been developed by others.
The content is well suited to Project Finance teams of banks, as well as senior employees of sponsors or advisors who do not typically develop models from scratch but need a good understanding of the functionality thereof and an ability to tailor the model to their own requirements.
- Get to know and practice various model review tools and techniques (e.g. analytical and cell-by-cell, manual and automated, built-in and add-on tools)
- Incorporate a scenario manager and sensitivities in a case study model and use it to review the model
- Incorporate change logs which can be used for review by highlighting differences in key outputs and cash flow lines when assumptions are flexed
- Learn the basic structure of debt sizing functionality in a project finance transaction and understand how to review the VBA used in these calculations
- Learn a structured approach to modifying an existing model to include additional items from the term sheet (including as an additional tranche of debt, a distribution lock-up and mandatory cash sweep)
- Learn useful Excel short-cuts, functions and Best Practice Modelling techniques along the way
- Module 1: Introduction to financial model reviews
- Module 2: Using automation tools for more efficient reviews
- Module 3: Cell-by-cell review
- Module 4: Analytical review – checklists, sensitivities and scenario manager
- Module 5: Debt sizing and macro review
- Module 6: Incorporate an additional tranche of senior debt
- Module 7: Mandatory cash lock-up and sweep functionality