This course is aimed at Project Finance professionals who have completed our Best Practice Modelling for Project Finance course (or individuals who have practical experience and a good understanding of Best Practice Financial Modelling) and would like to build on these skills to tackle more complex elements of Project Finance modelling.
The content is well suited to Project Finance analysts and associates working for project sponsors, infrastructure funds, banks or advisors.
- Optimise the debt size based on key constraints, including tenor, debt service coverage ratio (DSCR) and gearing
- Use advanced modelling techniques to incorporate complex operational calculations, including depreciation and taxation
- Incorporate reserve accounts, short-term construction facilities and refinancing into a Project Finance model using Best Practice principles
- Prepare integrated financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow) and learn to debug errors
- Create an error checking dashboard to monitor integrity, signal and macro issues in the model
- Get to know the VBA interface and learn how to write macros to break circularities
- Module 1: Debt sizing and advanced ratio analysis
- Module 2: Project Finance Reserve Accounts
- Module 3: Cash Flow vs. the Income statement: timing differences
- Module 4: Taxation calculations
- Module 5: Integrated Financial Statements
- Module 6: Refinancing, mezzanine debt and cash sweeps
- Module 7: Other construction facilities (working capital & VAT)